13th S.O.A.G

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

13th S.O.A.G
13th S.O.A.G
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new MechWarrior

Go down

The new MechWarrior Empty The new MechWarrior

Post by Razakasis Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:53 am

Just to let those that come here know about it, though if anyone is an in-depth gamer, they will already know about it.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002275p1.html

The vid in that article is actualy ingame, and represents what the game will look like, hopefuly they wont have to reduce how it looks by the final product though, i supose the publisher will have a say in that.

The high points i have gleened so far are:..

Things will be closer to how they were invisioned by the creator, eg, firing repeatedly of your PPC's will cause a heat shimmer inside the cockpit and impair your vision and aiming (as how it was described in the lore, firing them brings a heatwave that hits the mech)

No more target lock from behind buildings and mountains unless you have a light mech tracking them, or a scout drone overhead, as there are no satelites giving GPS data (those were the first things to be taken out on a planatery assault)

Buildings will colapse, as seen in the vid when the warhammer takes out the building the light mech is standing on, also on that note, the building colapsed easily because of the added weight of the mech ontop, wich would lead me to possibly believe that they can only support the light or meybe the medium mechs, no more 100ton jumpjet capable mech's running around ontop of skyscrapers!

The game is being remade over from the beginning, its in the hands of the creator of the battletech era as far as im aware, and its using up to date hardware to make it, can only lead to a good game made how it should be and that also looks nice to boot!

It will also include 4 player co-op for the main story, the story will unfortunatly be linear and non branching, atleast for this game, they want to set the foundation for the others im assuming, wich isnt a bad thing realy. But, since what mech you pick determines things in the story, objectives and what have you, playing as a light, a medium, heavy and assault will give you a different experience for each of the four playthroughs.

I also gathered that the smaller light mechs arnt just things to use till you get to mediums and so forth, if you pick a light mech and become good at it, develop skills such as being able to do up to 120% damage with your weapons at max, using those light mechs is actualy a viable option, and can be just as effective as that 100ton atlas everyone always rushes to get into.

All in all, this looks like a great game, and how it should have been, but if it was done back then, we wouldnt have had this little gem to look forward too Very Happy
Razakasis
Razakasis

Back to top Go down