13th S.O.A.G

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

13th S.O.A.G
13th S.O.A.G
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help figuring out the "Receiving bug"

2 posters

Go down

Help figuring out the "Receiving bug" Empty Help figuring out the "Receiving bug"

Post by voidfinger Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:45 pm

I tried looking it up but didn't find any answers that would help. If anyone runs across anything let me know please. Thanks
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Help figuring out the "Receiving bug" Empty Re: Help figuring out the "Receiving bug"

Post by roguetrooper Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 pm

One of the few solutions i've heard of so far is a complete re-install which tbh is not ideal.Ill see what i can dig up from some old freinds.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

https://13thsoag.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help figuring out the "Receiving bug" Empty Re: Help figuring out the "Receiving bug"

Post by voidfinger Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 am

okay re-installed last night and started it up and it played good, got into the Mi-28V and up up and away, first banking turn (Receiving...) (Receiving...) (Receiving...)

Sad

Tried 3 other online servers and the single player and armory and no Receiver bug... don't get it, maybe server related?
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am

Hmm not sure ill have a chat with you on vent about it and if need be ticket the guys who own the server. Weird part is why are you only the one getting it.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am

Ok foudn a few possible solution i'll list them all below see how they work and we will take it from there:

1: What seemed to fix it for me is setting TexMemory=2 (increasing texture memory which seems to be the problem that causes the bug) in the playername.ArmA2Profile file. It looked like it's fixed because after I used this the screen turned black again but it only lasted a few seconds before it recovered.
Modifying TexMemory=2 in the file was the only thing I changed from my previous setup. Also I have to mention I'm using very low settings.

2: Personally the only "FIX" I know of which has worked for me is only play ARMA2 after a fresh reboot of your PC. If I do this most of the time I can get 30+ mins of gameplay before things deteriorate and I need to reboot again.

One thing that does not really fix anything is the left SHIFT - flush, yes it says it flushes the VRAM but issues still remain so if this flush flushes VRAM then is the issue more system RAM, is there a memory leak? I don't know but the good news is BIS have stated that they are indeed working on it.

3:I'm not sure if it's the same exact problem or not, but I get a receiving screen sometimes in MP. However I can get rid of it simply by opening the map then closing it.

4:Turning down the video memory slider (second from the top on the left side) worked for me. I saw it as a solution in one of these threads somewhere..

5: try This
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 pm

lol fresh restart of computer didn't work, lower video settings did it sooner than higher settings, once it starts "receiving" you can't do anything like open the map etc. , lower video mem does it as soon as the map started up,

I'm not 100% sure about the texmemory thing b/c he said 2 is for his low settings and I'm playing on high since the low setting without fail did it way sooner than the higher ones.

BTW I found though also and tried those out last night Smile
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Damm well its nothing server side but it is aknown problem hopefully the 1.03 patch will resolve it. Another onei was told is make sure you have every background program liek msn etc shut down only have vent/arma running also try using gamebooster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

see ya in vent.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm

I'll give it a try, I'm just wondering why I've not had a problem with any of the other mp games but this one?

Edit- Tried it and 1 1/2 min into game it started the receiving bug again. o well
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I think what we need to do is a litmus test tomorrow ie run diffrent missions etc to see wether its just our Clan Domi thats acting up. Or its the whole gamut and if it is that means there very well could be a problem with the server.
So what time will you be on tomorrow at so we can figure this out also is your copy a steam/direct2drive copy or is it a retail version. As i've found out this is apperently common in steam/d2d versions
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

yeah on the steam forums I've got a statement in a thread about this and one of the developers is in the thread also so hopefully i can figure this out as well. Tomorrow I'll try to be on around 6-7 eastern time -5:00 time zone. so I have no clue when that will be for you guys
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Well if your East coast time that's usually -5 hours GMT so if we Say 9pm GMT that should be about 4pm ur time. Soo i'll be on and make a point of being on so we can try and fix it.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm

lol with arma2 the main word is try lol. anyway, so at 6 pm for me you will be at 11pm?

btw I'm thinking of downloading the windows 7 and giving it a try. I've heard most of the problems on arma2 is vista based... Sad sheesh can't win for loosing.
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 am

Yup time seems about right and yes A2 for some reason dont like Vista but likes xp or 7.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Well I've got 7 on my spair 500Gb hard disk so I'm just waiting for the Arma2 to download onto it. I'm about to have to go to work but I guess I'll be able to tell tomorrow if it has worked or not... please keep your fingers crossed b/c I really want to play with you guys on here lol
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:15 am

Seems like you got it fixed mate all hail windows 7 Help figuring out the "Receiving bug" 325546
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by voidfinger Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:56 pm

ALL HAIL WINDOWS 7****!*!*!*!*!
voidfinger
voidfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum