13th S.O.A.G

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

13th S.O.A.G
13th S.O.A.G
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Reality a new begining

+2
SGT Rook
roguetrooper
6 posters

Go down

Project Reality a new begining Empty Project Reality a new begining

Post by roguetrooper Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 am

Ok so ur all wondering what Project reality is, well simple were going to take as much of our knowledge. I.E real world soldering/gaming/ARMA etc and turn a Domination map into a more realistic style of play. This will include proper tactics/voice comms and anything else we think pertinent.
this is to Include any and all Russian mods we can get our hands on and adapt to our use. This will include brand new missions as well to create in a sense our own game pack.
To make ARMA as realistic and enjoyable as possible so if you want to be involved please let me know and what you can bring to the party.
We will be looking to recruiting in some dedicated Scripter's etc so again if you know any one or some one who might be willing to help ask them.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

https://13thsoag.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Project Reality a new begining Empty Re: Project Reality a new begining

Post by SGT Rook Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:28 am

I am willing to help. This is what I can bring to the table:

10 years of real world military (US bounce ) experience, 2 years of which were as OPFOR at Fort Irwin, CA operating as a Krasnovian (IE: Soviet) we used 100% Soviet/Russian tactics.

I have a stack of Russian military manuals I can translate the pertinent parts of, if you want us to operate by the (Russian) book, it does differ a bit from UK/US/Western Europe operations that many of us are used to. Although they would have to be adapted a bit as we have 2 undersized squads (compared to Real World), but it is doable.

One of the people that I will be staying in a flat with in Saint Petersburg spent most of his Army obligation in Chechnya as a mortar. I'm sure I could get authentic call signs and such from him, if you are interested in that much immersion.

As for scripting I have figured out how to basic things, but am continuing to learn and expand my skill.
SGT Rook
SGT Rook

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm

I think that would be great mate the input would be invaluable any info you can lend hand with would be great. I'll be starting a todo list in the next 24 hours.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tobmic Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 pm

For Domitation
Removing Mhq´s sounds fine.
Addong Revice script

There is a missile pack actually on the BIS forum maybe an idea to add them aswell.

For the new domination it would be great if we stick with AI that we can recruit on barracks
And how about another airfield we use as a base
tobmic
tobmic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfDraggie Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Not sure but maybe you could add in this Russian Tank Pack.

I also have a large amount of knowledge on firearms, combat maneuvers and tactics from several military's, including Russian. I was in the Canadian Militia ( unlike other countries our Militia is on par with standard Military Forces, it's just training however and no combat experience) and I've studied military roles, tactics, armies, weapons, and etc for a large portion of my life; from operation manuals to equipment manuals, even role training.

I'm all for removing the MHQ's, I'd prefer using trucks; walking; helicopter; other insertion methods are much better than instant transportation across kilometers.
Perhaps more mods (if even possible) can be added besides just the Russian Tank Pack as well.

I'd like to see mechanized drivers and pilots use AI for their guns, leaving the back open for transporting humans at all times, other than possibly bringing some AI into the battle then dropping them off there. But Human's come before AI, it's easier for transport helo's to have AI gunner(s) and same goes for BMP's or tanks.

So far from what I've seen with squad's the roles are filled out nicely; we have LMG's for suppression, riflemen for main force, snipers for longer ranges and spotting, and anti-tank/air for...the obvious reason. Maybe more use of the in-game comms (not VOIP) for simple things like taking down targets, while using Vent to call high priority targets (such as tanks, objectives, demoing, jets, helo's).
NewfDraggie
NewfDraggie

Back to top Go down

Post by tobmic Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 am

What about removing the statistic window showing how much kills/deaths you have.
tobmic
tobmic

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:10 am

tobmic wrote:What about removing the statistic window showing how much kills/deaths you have.

Now this i like the idea of Project Reality a new begining 792681
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razakasis Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Also, as Flee has done lots of, and i, myself have started to adopt...

If your flying a jet or heli, and your shot down, dont ride the heli or jet to death, eject from it, and then call for evac either where you land, or designate a good evac point to be picked up from, dont just use the insta death/respawn button.

Also, maybe a few cars in every one of the towns for when its been cleared and you have no other transport at hand.
Razakasis
Razakasis

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Ok start sticking these idea on the to-do list guys
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XxDragoNxX Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Also something i do wish to submit myself now.

There is always problums in the arma world were you create a mission or campaingn using addons and no one can ever play on it, there is in fact a easy way around it.

First off you create your mission using just bog standard things in the Editor, Then you realease that version to the general public and stick it on a Pub server.

Next you take the mission add any god damn addons you want intothe thing and your realease it too the public as well BUT you stick it on a private server so we have all the goodies Very Happy

XxDragoNxX

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Yup what i'm hoping is as we get bigger we can have a private members server with what ever add-ons we designate Project Reality a new begining 350887
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NewfDraggie Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:12 am

What about this? This looks very promising.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83779
NewfDraggie
NewfDraggie

Back to top Go down

Post by tobmic Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 am

tobmic wrote:What about removing the statistic window showing how much kills/deaths you have.

Its not about playing stats and who has the most kills and who to blame for the most deaths.
Removing the stats when you press the "I" button is fine (can be changed in the difficulty)
tobmic
tobmic

Back to top Go down

Post by roguetrooper Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 am

Ok i think removing the stat window is a definite then.
roguetrooper
roguetrooper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum